- name: rename the album (a virtual rename in case
of a physical album).
- description: short text giving a general idea of the content,
this text will be displayed at the bottom of the thumbnails page.
If the album is virtual, you can move it. Moving a album means
changing its parent album.
- Access type: Permissions management. If you make a
album private, all its child albums becomes private. If you make a
album public, all its parent albums becomes public.
- Lock: The album and its sub-albums will
be temporary disabled for maintenance.
- Comments: Authorize users to comment photos of this
You can also manage these options on the "Properties"
management screen (screens Comments, Lock,
Public/Private, Representative available from Administration » Albums » Properties).
Use the default images sort order.
Indicate whether this sort order will apply to subalbums also.
Select specific sorting criteria to be used with this album.
- Creation date: Photo shooting date
- Post date: Synchronization date
- Average rate (*): Average rate could be changed by the visitor rating
- Most visited (*): The current visit might change the most visited order
- File name: Name given in information field
- Id: Internal Id (recent categories have an higher id than previous ones.
(*)Warning: Be sure to test these sort orders by yourself as they can give unexpected results.
The album representative is the thumbnail displayed on the main page (category.php) to represent
the album when
it contains only sub-albums and no direct photo (just as the root album).
photo of a album :
- Photo page: one of the action buttons let you set the current photo as the representative for the
displayed album. This button is available only for administrators.
- Modify informations about a photo in
administration. This screen can be reached from picture.php or Batch
management in unit mode. See the help of this screen for
- Administration » Albums » Properties,
Representative. See the help of this screen for details.
- Edit album (the present screen).
The choice of a representative depends on the
allow_random_representative configuration parameter (see include/config_default.inc.php).
In default mode (
allow_random_representative set to false),
each album containing at least one element is represented by a fixed
element. Once set (at album creation), the representative changes only
when an administrator ask for it. If the representative is not appropriate,
you can ask to Find a new representant by random.
allow_random_representative configuration parameter is
set to true, a category containing photos may have no fixed
representant. Just use Delete representant button.
If the album contains only sub-albums and no photo, it can nonetheless be represented by any element thanks to Modify
informations about a photo screen. The only option on the current screen
is the Delete representant button.
Link all album photos to a new album
- Virtual album name: Name of the new album to be created,
all photos of the current category will be linked to the new one.
- Parent album: Where the new album will be,
leave empty to create it at root.
Link all album photos to existing albums
- Albums: Choose the destination album.
Send an information email to group members
- Group: recipients group
- Mail content: Free text to send to them.