This screen let the administrator do basic gallery configuration. Indeed, this screen only shows simple configuration parameters that should be enough for the vast majority of administrators. If you want to see other numerous (and advanced) configuration parameters, read the default configuration file include/config_default.inc.php.
The screen is divided into different sections, grouping configuration parameters by theme.
- Gallery title: used in RSS feed and notifications by email.
- Page banner: displayed on top of each public page.
- Gallery URL: used for the RSS feed.
- Lock gallery: Lock the entire gallery for maintenance. Only administrator users will be able to reach the gallery.
- Rating: Photo rating feature is enabled.
- Rating by guests: Even unregistered users can rate images.
- Allow user registration: Anybody can register.
- Mail address is mandatory for all users: mail address will be checked on registration or profile update, except if the action is done by an administrator.
- Email admins when a new user registers: administrators will be notified by mail for each registration.
- Default photos order: you can define a personalized order with these drop-down menus.
Visits on pages category.php and picture.php will be saved in the
Visits will be shown in Administration » Tools » History.
- Save page visits by guests: page visits by guests will be recorded.
- Save page visits by users: visits by registrered users will be recorded.
- Save page visits by administrators: page visits by administrators will be recorded.
- Comments for all: Even unregistered guest can post comments.
- Number of comments per page.
- Validation: an administrator must validate users comments before they become visible on the site. User comments validation
takes place in screen Administration » Tools » Pending Comments.
- Email admins when a valid comment is entered: Sends an email to the administrators when a user enters a comment and this comment is validated.
- Email admins when a comment requires validation:
Sends an email to the administrators when a user enters a comment that requires validation by the admin.
User comments validation takes place in the screen Administration » Tools » Pending Comments.
Here you can change display options used by guest, the default user that is not connected. Once connected, these options are overridden by the user's own options
(modifiable in profile).
It is possible to change the display options for all existing users on the Administration »
Users » Manage screen where you can select a list of users.
- Language: Apply to Piwigo labels only. Album names, photo names and all descriptions fields are not localized.
- Number of photos per row
- Number of rows per page
- Interface theme
- Recent period: By days. Period during which a photo is shown as new. Must be greater than 1 day.
- Expand all albums: Expand all albums by
default in the menu Warning: this option is resources intensive and may generate a huge menu if your album tree contains many albums.
- Show number of comments: Show the number of comments for each photo on the thumbnails page. Resource intensive.
- Show hits count: Display hits observed on photo just under its thumbnail on the thumbnails page. Only when advanced configuration parameter is:
$conf['show_nb_hits'] = true;
Notice: false by default.
- Maximum width of the photos: maximum displayed width. Photos larger than this setting will be resized on display. Rather than choosing this option, you might consider modifying the width of your photos; that would be a better practice.
- Maximum height of the photos: Same as for the maximum width setting.